Baseball Practice Plan for Age 10-12 Years
THIS WEEK’S OBJECTIVES
PRACTICE SCHEDULE (Total Time: 90 Minutes)
|5 minutes||Pre-Practice Discussions- Review last practice session, game or homework with coaches & team|
|15 minutes||Warm-Ups– It is important to start all practices with a warm-up and set routine.
|20 minutes||Footwork, Body Control, Speed and Agility Training – Coaches to set up 3 stations, with 3-4 players per station and rotate players every 8-10 minutes.
• Station #1: Set up in outfield- Learning Starts Drill
• Station #2: Set up at shortstop- Falling Starts Drill
• Station #3: Set up at 2nd base position- Carioca Drill
|30 minutes||Focused Group Work #1 – All pitchers and catchers
• Pitchers – (20 minutes) Flat Ground Mechanics Drills & Knee-to-Knee Drill. Each pitcher should pair up with another pitcher.
• Catchers – (20 minutes) Receiving and Blocking Drills
• Pitcher/Catcher Bullpens – (10 minutes) — Each pitcher will throw a 20 pitch bullpen session with coach while both pitcher & catcher treat it as a live game situation pen. They will simulate throwing to a real batter/batters and emphasize getting ahead in the count & hitting spots on the inside & outside corners of the plate
|30 minutes||Focused Group Work #2 – Hitting —- Coaches to set up 2 stations and rotate players every 15 minutes. Focus on hitting mechanics, building momentum and more power.
Weight Transfer Drill
Tee Behind Drill
|20 minutes||Simulated Game Situations – Rotate players from defensive positions to base runners
• Set players in their infield/outfield positions, have 3-4 players as runners
• Coach will simulate live game situations by hitting balls into play. Focus should be on proper base running and proper defensive positioning play including coverage, back up positioning, cut-offs and relays.
PARENTS/PLAYERS EDUCATION AND HOMEWORK
|Review videos referred in the practice plan. Reinforce proper Hitting Mechanics;Focus on building more momentum and power.Practice at home for 25 -35 minutes each time; 2-3 times during a week.||Additional drills and tips:|
|Week 1||Week 2|
|Week 3 – Member access||Week 4 – Member access|
|Week 5 – Member access||Week 6 – Member access|
|Week 7 – Member access||Week 8 – Member access|
|Week 9 – Member access||Week 10 – Member access|
All Copyrights Reserved. 2015 Inside Baseball